Friday 11 January 2013

Christmas round-up

So, finally finished the mammoth task of making Christmas presents. They mainly turned out ok...I made 25 in the end (many more than I would have bought!). I got a really touching reaction to a cat doorstop I made for my step-mother-in-law, she thought it was lovely that I had gone to the effort of making her a present - it made me feel really good!

Santa sack...think I would make this a bit bigger - it ended up being a bit narrow

I used a pattern that I found on the internet (no longer have the link)...but I made several of these. It was the 1st time I cut multiple pattern pieces at the same. Unfortunately all the bears ended up with saggy bums! Something wrong with the dart placement I think.



Some presents were stranger than others....I particularly enjoyed making the patchwork stocking (from here).

Overall, it was a rewarding experience. I would definitely consider doing it again for this year (are we really in 2013 already?!).



No comments:

Post a Comment